Rebooking & Cancellation Policy
If a tour booking is cancelled by a customer, or if any member of the tour group cancels, the following policies apply:
- Cancellation 0-4 business days prior to tour date – Non-refundable.
Tickets can be transferred to friends or family members. Please ensure you contact us via email to inform us of the new booking name/contact. Once a booking has been transferred, the booking will not be able to be transferred again, and is not eligible for a refund.
- Cancellation 5-10 business days prior to tour date – Non-refundable.
Tickets can be transferred to an alternative date for the same tour. Please ensure you contact us via email to inform us of your request. Once a booking has been transferred, the booking will not be able to be transferred again, and is not eligible for a refund.
- Cancellation 11 or more business days prior to tour date – 75% Refund (excluding credit card surcharge).
- Historic Australia must be advised of cancellation in writing by the person who booked the tour.
- Failure to attend the tour is deemed to be a cancellation. Refunds will not apply.
- PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 is no longer an unforeseen circumstance and regular cancellation fees apply – If you are unable to attend at short notice due to covid or any other illness, please try to find someone else to use your tickets. Please ensure you contact us via email to inform us of the new booking name/contact.
- All cancellations and transfer requests for bookings must adhere to our business hours and be notified by written communication via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If a tour is cancelled by Historic Australia, the following policies apply:
- Historic Australia reserves the right to cancel a tour without notice.
- Historic Australia tours are rarely cancelled and would only be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. These include, but are not limited to – sick staff member, staff unavailability, injury or unexpected dangerous weather conditions, an emergency/dangerous situation.
- Historic Australia will contact customers promptly via phone & email to let them know the tour is cancelled and to make rescheduling or refunding arrangements.
- Tours cancelled by Historic Australia will be rescheduled & customers will be transferred to another agreed upon tour of the same value as soon as possible. A full refund (excluding credit card surcharge) will be provided to those who are unable to rebook.
General Company Policy
Each tour has its own particular tour rules, by undertaking one of our tours, all clients agree to abide by the following rules. Any person not abiding by the rules will not be permitted on the tour. No refund or transfer will be granted.
- There are no toilet facilities available at site. Please use facilities elsewhere before joining us at this site.
- The consumption of alcohol and use of illegal substances are not permitted BEFORE or DURING a tour, any guest believed to be intoxicated, inebriated, or otherwise under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be admitted at time of check-in.
- Smoking/ vaping is not permitted at any time during our tours. If anyone forgets this, and starts smoking, they will be asked to immediately cease. If they do not, they will be asked to leave the tour.
- Proof of age or other identification may be required upon request for clients claiming concessions.
- Once tours have commenced, guests will be unable to leave the tour group. Visitors must stay with the tour group at all times for their own safety
- Historic Australia reserves the right to change a tour itinerary and/or Tour Guide(s) without notice.
- Mobile and tablet devices are only to be used on tour whilst taking photographs or in an emergency. If you use your phone/ tablet for any other purpose during any of our tours, you will be asked to stop. Refusal to do so may result in you being asked to leave the tour.
- Video cameras and recording devices of any sort are NOT permitted.
- All tours, stories, tales etc are the intellectual property of Jack Sim and Historic Australia and may not be recorded or reproduced in any form without written permission prior to the commencement of a tour.
- Horror costumes/ makeup/ masks are not permitted to be worn. Historic Australia reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone wearing a horror costume that is deemed inappropriate or distasteful.
- Paranormal investigation / ghost hunting is strictly not permitted on tours. This includes but is not limited to: apps on mobile devices, Ouija boards, pendulums, video and still photography, psychic, medium and clairvoyant channelling of spirits.
- Certified guide, hearing and assistance animals are the only animals permitted on tours.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason.
- Guests engaging in inappropriate behaviour will be removed and not be entitled to a refund.
- Historic Australia reserves the right to refuse entry to any child or person whom is deemed to be at risk from the material presented.
- Guests engaging in criminal offences such as stealing, deliberately damaging or vandalising sites will be removed and may face prosecution.
- Historic Australia accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen property.
- Knives, sharp implements, weapons, pens, pencils, permanent markers, glass bottles, cans, hot food, are strictly not permitted during a tour.
- Loitering at sites at the conclusion of tour is not permitted.
- Undertaking a Historic Australia Tour is at your own risk.
- Respect the role/authority of the tour guides.
- Respect other client’s experience.
- Respect the historic sites visited.
Health & Safety Policy
Historic Australia strongly recommends that clients with the following medical conditions do not undertake a tour:
• Advanced Pregnancy
• Strained / injured muscles
• Recent surgery
• High blood pressure
• Severe asthma
• Previous heart attacks
• Weak bladders/bowels
• Difficulties with standing for long periods of time or walking distances
• Difficulties ascending and descending hills and stairs